Sunday, May 23, 2021

Why Don't You Move There, Part Duh

Whenever I mention that I like the way some other part of the country or part of the world does something, when I think they do it markedly better than we do here in Florida, USA, there's always some mook who pops up with the question "Why don't you move there".  It happens so often, with the same set of answers, that I'm tired of relitigating it every time it crops up.  Here is a list of answers, and you can pick the ones that apply. 


1. It's too far away from my family.


2. It's too far away from my friends and social network. 


3. There isn't any work for me there with my skill set.  


 4. (conditional) It's too expensive. 


5. (conditional) I don't like the weather. 


6. Fleeing is the easy way out.   Working to improve your home is the much more challenging, and much more rewarding path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment