Thursday, October 8, 2020

Ten Books

 

    I don't usually participate in these games, but this one interests me.  You're really supposed to set it as a status, but I'm doing it as a note so it'll stick around. 


    List ten books that come to mind without thinking too hard about it, and then tag ten friends, including the person who tagged you. 


    For my 10 books I'll split it 5 fiction and 5 nonfiction.  


    Fiction:


    1. Stranger In A Strange Land, by Robert A. Heinlein. 


    2. Species Imperative, by Julie Czerneda (Yes, I know, it's a trilogy, but IMHO it's one book published in 3 volumes.)


    3. The Edge Of Justice, by Robert Luis Rabello.  (And the rest of the Deveran Conflict Series.)


    4. A Turn Of Light, by Julie Czerneda. 


    5. The Mists Of Avalon, by Marion Zimmer Bradley


    Nonfiction:


    6. The Better Angels Of Our Nature, by Steven Pinker


    7. American Nations, by Colin Woodard


    8. The Shock Doctrine, by Naomi Klein


    9. Guns, Germs, and Steel, by Jared Diamond


    10. Treasure Islands, by Nicholas Shaxson

    Comments
    • Jada Stone I;ve read only one from this list. Pinker.

  • Alan Petrillo I chose them because, with the exception of Shaxson, they dovetail together very nicely.

  • Alan Petrillo Klein and Shaxson dovetail together VERY well.

  • Jada Stone I loved The Art of War!

No comments:

Post a Comment